Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Men Have a Sixth Sense...No Really

And it's not one I like.

It's a new semester, a new me, and a new year! Yesterday I was walking to class on our first day back with a friend, and I was telling her how I really think this is a new start for me. It's the beginning of the life that I've always wished I could have, and now I feel like I'm finally in a place where I can start to appreciate what I have and love my life. I told her that I felt inexplicably happy and on top of the world!

Then he called.

It's something I thought about for WEEKS after we broke up...I dreamed about what the situation would be, that he'd beg me to come back, and I'd get to tell him that I'm just not interested anymore...and I would feel so empowered as a result! So of course, just when I had given up that fantasy and would never in a million years expect to hear my phone ring and see Mr. Ex's number pop up on the caller ID, it so happened. I freaked out and actually answered...what was said doesn't matter, but Mr. Ex was inebriated and I was not in the mood.

After a couple of minutes of processing the phone call, I started to get frustrated. Why do men always seem to know when their ex-girlfriends are moving on and then they try to move in and screw it up? It's just not fair.

I'm quite proud of the fact that after he called I did not try to contact him in any way. He sent me a text today, but it has gone unanswered on my end. I didn't let it ruin the plans I had for the night either, and I'm not letting it affect how I'm living my life from here on out.

I feel moved on. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment